Fitzroy Hall, a stately Victorian house, was built in 1872 by Thomas Essery Esq. for Alexander Brown Esq. a banker. For a time, one of the rooms on the main floor was used as a Bank. Alexander Brown’s wife was Georgina Coles, a daughter of the Hon. George Coles. Hon. George Coles was a Father of Confederation and Premier of the Island when both Responsible Government and the Free School Act came into being.
We are thrilled to have been awarded with a Heritage Award from Museum & Heritage Prince Edward Island, “in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the preservation of the Heritage of Prince Edward Island,” and the City of Charlottetown “Heritage Preservation Award.”
Fitzroy Hall offers spacious rooms, many with fireplaces, and provides modern comfort while cherishing the past. There are eight air-conditioned bedrooms, each with full private bath (four with Jacuzzi), wood floors, and period furnishings. Guests are welcome to relax in one of our sitting rooms or outside in our garden.
This quiet location in Historic downtown Charlottetown is within walking distance to City Hall, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Province House, and the Charlottetown waterfront, Victoria Park, Government House and Historic Beaconsfield. It’s also just a short drive to PEI National Park, with its pristine beaches that stretch as far as the eye can see, to Green Gables House in Cavendish, and to many beautiful golf courses.
Helen & Reg Doucette